How your orthopaedic and sports medicine specialists in Manassas, and Haymarket, VA, can help you get relief from ankle pain
Ankle pain can dramatically impact your life. Your ankles help to carry your weight and help you move around. If you suffer ankle pain, you may become inactive, which can lead to other health issues. Fortunately, your orthopaedic and sports medicine specialists can help.
The orthopaedic and sports medicine doctors at Northern Virginia Orthopaedic Specialists provide a wide range of orthopaedic services, including treatment of ankle pain. They have two convenient locations in Manassas, and Haymarket, VA, to help you get relief from ankle pain.
There are a variety of problems that can cause ankle pain, including:
- A strained, sprained or torn ligament
- A strained, sprained, or torn tendon
- A fractured or broken bone in your ankle
You may experience any of these problems due to:
- A vehicular accident
- A sports injury
- Tripping and falling
You may have damaged your ankle if you notice:
- A loud popping noise when you injured your ankle
- Swelling and bruising after your injury
- Pain when you try to put weight on your foot
- A tight feeling in your ankle and difficulty moving it
If you notice any of these signs or symptoms, you can try:
- Resting and keeping your ankle elevated to reduce swelling
- Placing an ice pack on your ankle to reduce swelling
- Wrapping your ankle in compression bandages to add support
For severe ankle pain or if you have dislocated or broken a bone, you need the services of your orthopaedic and sports medicine specialist, who may recommend:
- Taking prescription-strength anti-inflammatory medication to reduce inflammation
- Stretching and physical therapy to increase strength and flexibility
- Using a walking boot or cast to add support and stability
- Surgical treatment to repair, reattach, or realign tendons, ligaments, and bones
To read more detailed information about ankle pain and ankle pain treatment, please visit the Ankle Pain page on the website by clicking here.
To learn more about ankle pain causes and treatments, call the orthopaedic and sports medicine specialists at Northern Virginia Orthopaedic Specialists. You can reach them in both the Manassas, and Haymarket, VA, locations by calling (703) 369-9070, so call today.