If you're having pain in your elbow, the doctors at Northern Virginia Orthopaedic Specialists in Manassas, VA, and Haymarket, VA, are here to help.
Elbows are complex joints responsible for a lot of different motions and that means a lot of different things can go wrong! Pain in your elbow is typically a sign of an underlying problem. These are examples of some conditions that can cause elbow pain:
- A sprain or strain of the elbow from overuse
- Arthritis causes the cartilage in joints to break down and is painful
- Tendinitis is inflammation of your tendons that attach muscles to bones
- Compression of the ulnar nerve in the elbow can cause numbness and pain
- Bursitis is inflammation of the bursa, sacs of liquid in your joints
Pain in the elbow can be a sign of any of these problems. Your pain could be unique and because of several factors. There are some other symptoms of an elbow problem, but the pain will be the most evident. Also, look out for:
- Clicking or popping of the joint
It's important to see us if you're in pain or have any of the symptoms above. Come see us in Manassas, VA, or Haymarket, VA, to be diagnosed.
Treatment for your elbow will vary depending on the cause of your pain. Consult with your doctor about all your symptoms and how long you've been experiencing them. You may need additional tests like x-rays to be diagnosed.
Treatment could include wearing a brace or splint after an injury. Treatment could also be exercised for your elbow, to stretch and strengthen your muscles. Depending on your condition, surgery may be recommended in severe cases.
Northern Virginia Orthopaedic Specialists are here for you if your elbow is in pain. Contact us in Manassas, VA, at 703-369-9070 and in Haymarket, VA, at 703-369-9070.